An Invitation to Spiritual Growth
Do you long for a deeper friendship with Jesus, a closer relationship with God, a livelier sense of the Spirit’s presence, a clearer vision of what God is calling you to become?
Did you know that God may be speaking to you in the daily events of your life? How are you listening and responding? How is God present to you?
Spiritual direction may help. Imagine having a spiritual companion who can help you:
- Increase your awareness of the presence of the divine in every day life;
- Grow in friendship with the God who knows and loves you;
- Improve your time of prayer and worship;
- Discern how the Spirit leads;
- Become more fully the person God created you to be.
How Spiritual Direction Works
A spiritual companion (or “Spiritual Director”) meets with you individually in strict confidence, usually once a month for about an hour. He or she will:
- Listen to you in a caring, respectful, and non-judgmental way;
- Help you identify and explore your interactions with God;
- Help you clarify the Spirit’s activity in your life;
- Help you discern God’s will for you and how you may respond;
- Assist you in discovering your gifts;
- Help you strengthen your prayer life;
- Guide you in your spiritual growth, using your own experiences together with scripture, worship, and other resources.
Our Invitation to You
Faith Presbyterian Church has a certified Spiritual Director on staff, Elder David Helkenn, who may assist you in your journey of faith. His services are free, although donations would be appreciated. You are invited to contact him through the church office: (619) 582-8480.