At Faith, children are welcomed and encouraged to participate in worship and be in the Sanctuary. Children are seen as a blessing and a joy. We offer options to support the parents and to help ensure a worshipful experience for all:
- Nursery ~ A nursery is available starting at 9:20am. It is located at the back of the sanctuary with easy access during the service. Parents are welcome to stay with their children.
- Activity Bags ~ Families can pick up a bag in the Narthex (entrance to the sanctuary) to assist during their time in the sanctuary. Each bag is filled with activity sheets, crayons, a dry erase board, and other creative items.
Families will start worship together in the sanctuary. At the entrance to the sanctuary, you will be greeted by an usher, be given a bulletin with the order of worship, and offered an activity bag for the children.
Children will stay with their parents until the Sermon the Steps.
For the Sermon on the Steps, the children will be called forward to sit up front on the stairs to hear a message that is designed specifically for them. As they go forward, an offering plate will be available if they have a monetary offering or an offering slip (found in the activity bags) to give.
At the end of the Sermon on the Steps, the children will gather in a circle, hold hands and repeat a prayer. From there, they are excused for Sunday School or to go back to their parents.
Teachers will be waiting outside of the sanctuary to walk with the children to their Sunday school classes. Parents are welcome to be in Sunday School with their children, if this is a helpful option.
After the worship service is over, parents pick up their children from their classes or nursery and are then welcome to join in the fellowship time in the courtyard.Sunday School Classes
We currently have three Sunday School classes:
- Preschool and Kindergarten class which meets in room 3 in the education building
- 1st Grade through 5th Grade class which meetings in room 2 in the education building
- Classrooms are next to each other, with the bathrooms near by. There are helpers in the classroom along with the teachers who ensure a safe and healthy environment for our children.
- We have added a Youth class for grades 6-12. For their “Teen Routine,” they meet in the conference room. They meet on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month. On the other Sundays, they remain in the worship service.
Each Sunday, the children learn a story from the Bible through age-appropriate activities.
Summer Vacation Bible School
During the summer, our VBS is open to kids Pre-K-5th grade. For our Pre-K class, we do ask that all children are fully potty trained. Older kids who have completed 5th grade are welcome to register as volunteers.For more information or for any questions, please contact the church office at email@example.com “Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs.’ And he took them up in his arms and blessed them.” Mark 10:14, 16
This ministry is cared for by the Faith Development and Nurture Committee